Pumpkin Spice. I had to do a recipe on it. Here is how to make low carb pumpkin spice ice cream. This is part one of my pumpkin spice recipes for the ketogenic lifestyle this fall. Next week we make pumpkin bread.
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
½ can of pumpkin puree (https://amzn.to/2CoDRWU)
1 tbsp pumpkin spice (https://amzn.to/2q15g9T)
8 egg yolks
½ tbsp vanilla extract
½ cup allulose (sugar replacement)
1) In a tall saucepan on a medium heat add milk, cream, and vanilla. Take off heat once it foams up to double its size.
2) In a wide saucepan, add egg yolks, pumpkin, sweetener, and spice. mix egg mixture thoroughly. Add the cooked milk slowly while stirring the whole time.
3) Place the wide pan on a low heat. Stir non stop until slightly thicker. the mixture should cover the back of a spoon with a thick coat of custard. Take off heat.
4) In an airtight container pour the mixture (through a fine strainer), cover and freeze for 3-4 hours.
5) Pull from the freezer, stir and place back in.